Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a minimum order?
Your bindery order can be as small as one book.
- Do you retain information for periodicals on buckram color and spine imprinting format?
Your periodicals information will be retained on our LARS software for future bindings. If you bind a significant number of periodicals annually, we would be happy to set up your library with the LARS system for order input. Otherwise, we will supply you with three-part binding slips to use when again sending each title for binding.
- If my periodical was previously bound by another firm, can you match color and spine format?
We will try to match your previously bound titles if you supply us with a photocopy of the spine that allows us to recognize the bottom of the book. Then specify the buckram color and stamping foil (gold, black and white are available). Another option would be to send a bound copy as a sample, which we will return with your completed order.
- How should I prepare for the rebinding of monographs?
Many of our customers want to make this process quick and simple, so we recommend you feel free to just box up your monograph items and we will assign random buckram colors and imprint title/author information on the spine based on the title page. You are also free to designate what you want imprinted and what buckram color you desire for each.
- What pricing is available?
Discounted pricing may be available if your library/institution binds a certain quantity annually. Contact us for quotes.
- How long will it take to process my order?
Allow 4 weeks turn-around.
- What form of payment do you accept?
We accept check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- Where do I mail or ship (FedEx, UPS) my material:
Trappist Abbey Bookbindery,
9200 NE Abbey Road, Carlton, OR 97111-9666
- May I bring my materials to the Bindery?
Yes, the Bindery is open 8:15 until noon, Monday through Saturday. In Lafayette, turn north onto Bridge St. and go 3 miles (becomes Abbey Rd. outside town). Turn right into the Trappist Abbey, then left at the Y. Follow the sign to the Bindery once you reach the buildings.
- If I have questions, who should I contact?
Contact Br. Gerald Mathison at the Bindery, available mornings at 503.852.0106
Gerald@trappistabbey.org or email@example.com